My original target for the year was to read 30 books but I could only read 15 by the end of the year. Nevertheless this year I read some phenomenal books which have joined the list of some of my all time favorite books.
Starting with the Top 5 books I have read this year:
- Einstein’s Fridge : This was by far the best book I have read this year. This book along with my two other favorites ‘Quantum’ by Manjit Kumar and ‘A Brief History of Time’ by Stephen Hawking forms a perfect trifecta of books which talk about forces in nature from the atomic level to the cosmic level.
- The intel trinity : Before visiting my friend in Portland who works in Intel I wanted to know more about the company so I picked this up from the local library. Very informative and very inspiring.
- Genghis Khan : Breezy and thoroughly enjoyable this book changed the way I viewed Mongols and Genghis Khan.
- The Last days of Incas : The tragic story of the conquest of the mighty Incas by the Spanish. This books reads more like a novel than a historical book in the sense that its so well written.
- Jerusalem : This 500 page book tells the story of Jerusalem from its very beginnings. Epic in its scale and depth this was a thoroughly informative read.
Rest of the books in no particular order.
8. Insane Mode
12. The Age of Wood
13. The New Entrepreneurs